Skin Solutions & Aesthetics
Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames
— Golda Meir
where art meets medicine.
We offer physician-directed skin care and anti-aging solutions in a modern medical clinic.
Our fully-licensed staff is here to help you look and feel your best. With scientifically-proven solutions, we have chosen only the highest quality modalities for body contouring, anti-aging therapy, hair removal, blemish repair and more.
Facials, Peels, Micro-channeling &
Everyone’s skin is a little bit different. There is no ‘one size fits all’ solution. That’s why we customize a comprehensive plan for you.
Facial treatments including facials, peels, micro-channeling, LED light therapy and microdermabrasion all work to facilitate cellular turn-over, reduce imperfections and restore a healthy-glow.
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Restoration of a youthful, healthy-glow.
- Reduction of large pores
- Correction of blemishes and acne
- Lightening/elimination of sun spots, age spots, red and brown spots
- Excisional removal of moles and growths on the face, chest and elsewhere.
We have a variety of tools and products to help you with an individualized plan. After consultation, we will recommend the most appropriate treatment plan to help you with your trouble areas.
Also known as a chemical peel.
Our peels are administered by trained staff in a spa-like setting. We offer customized peels using Obagi and Skin Medica products.
- Progressive Peels — A mild treatment, removing only the outer layer of skin. A great start to refresh tired skin.
- Mid Depth Peels — Excellent rejuvenating effects that get a little deeper into the skin with minimal to no down time.
Micro-channeling/Micro-needling via Derma Frac™
A 3-step micro-needling and exfoliating machine that renews and infuses clarifying, hydrating and/or anti-aging solutions for lighter, brighter skin.
- Microdermabrasion — gently exfoliates & clears away the outermost layer of dry, dead skin cells.
- Microchanneling DermaFrac TM— micro-needling treatment that delivers infused ingredients to the lower layers of the skin with minimal downtime.
- LED Light Therapy — a pain-free, non-invasive, soothing and rejuvenating blue light skin treatment.
Laser Hair Removal, Laser Skin Rejuvenation & Waxing Services
Aesthetics technology lets you take control of skin blemishes you are tired of, hair you don’t want and even scars you wish were less noticeable. With our top of the line Quanta laser system we can provide laser hair removal to every body part (well, almost every part), intense pulse light for skin resurfacing and removal of pigmented lesions, rosacea management and scar reduction. And for some people, particularly our clients with light hair, we provide waxing services as gently as possible with skin product to reduce post-waxing inflammation.
Our laser system and waxing options provide:
- Photofacial to even-out pigmentation irregularities (discoloration) whether from genetics, sun exposure, time or medical conditions such as rosacea.
- Rosacea reduction, often permanently.
- Fast Laser Hair removal: with a laser with a cooling head we can treat a man’s back in under 20 minutes and get you back to work.
- Spot treatments: no need for a full photo facial? We can spot treat those pesky red or brown spots.
- Waxing removal of hair from the root with up to 6 weeks of a hair-free time based on hair growth cycles.
Botox®, Juvederm® fillers (lips, cheeks, scars), & Excisional Dermatology
Facial aging is a remarkable event. Our skin thins. Cellular turnover slows. Our chins and noses continue to grow while the fat under our skin shifts. Our facial musculature contracts. We get thickened plaques, moles that weren’t there and we wonder why we didn’t stop with our eyebrows while we were ahead. All of this creates the look of time: thinner skin that reflects light less robustly, that becomes more dry, flatter cheeks, jowls. The smiles and laughs and perplexities of life leave lines and we wonder- how it is we look how we do?
At sparkMD we believe time adds wisdom and beauty. Scars and wrinkles are hard-earned. We also believe with time we learn to take control of where and who we want to be.
We do not push nor sell services for the sake of fitting someone else’s ideal of beauty.
We want to know what YOU see.
We want to help YOU feel your best. Our solutions, including Botox® Cosmetic and fillers, are one set of tools that can help you with your goals. Not anyone else’s.It’s time. Bothered by wrinkles? Tired of thin lips?
Wish you could just oomph your brows…just a little? What about that mole growing on your forehead? Come in for a consultation. We can help.
Botox®, Dysport and Xeomin Neurotoxin
We use all brands of Neurotoxin (commonly called “Botox”) to reduce signs of aging. Forehead lines, frown lines (the “11’s”), crows feet and even slightly uneven eyebrows can be corrected with the use of neurotoxin. Many aesthetics studios have experienced non-physician injectors. At sparkMD, Dr. Julie (our medical doctor founder) assures the highest aseptic technique and anatomic training.
Botox® can also be used to treat jaw pain from clenching or teeth grinding, excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), migraines, muscular disorders and some bladder and bowel disorders.
Filler comes in a few forms but the fillers we use are hyaluronic acid fillers. Hylauronic acid is a naturally occurring compound that pulls moisture into tissue and thus creates expansion. Filler can be used to fill scars, smokers lines around the lips, to alter the fullness of the lips, to accentuate the vermillion border of the lips (the lip line) and to help with signs of aging. One way to think of filler is a restored ‘scaffolding’ to add volume to places where you either never had it or where aging has depleted volume.
At this time we use Juvederm® brand fillers and Restalyne brand fillers. Dr. Julie will work with you to achieve your desired results.
Please check Vagaro, our booking app for specials, events, pricing and a detailed list of services (in addition to all the info below).
Dr. Julie Gunther trains other physicians and medical injectors and we periodically offer neurotoxin and filler at discounted rates. For interested physicians, Dr. Gunther’s training site is www.sparkmdtraining.com